This is a quick peek into how my Indie Goodbye game progressed over the course of Day 1. I decided to use the default EGA Color Palette this time for an added challenge, instead of the 4-color monochrome Game Boy look I’ve gotten used to.
This is just a mockup of how I expect the game to feel – I’ll start actually laying down some code tomorrow. In keeping with my decision to not go overboard with new mechanics in the beginning, I won’t be adding very many new things until the game is fully working and fun. Since Indie Goodbye is only a few days away, I’ll post a new update every day until I’m finished. See you tomorrow!